Steven R. Main
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury Defense
- Insurance Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- Florida Courts of Appeals, Second, Fourth and Fifth Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
With almost 22 years of litigation experience, Steve has obtained several successful outcomes in a wide variety of jury trials throughout the State of Florida.
His practice is focused primarily in the areas of general commercial litigation, construction defect litigation, products liability, insurance coverage disputes, and insurance defense and civil tort matters. He has also successfully defended claims involving professional malpractice and catastrophic personal injuries. In addition to his diverse trial practice, Steve also handles appellate matters for his clients in both state and federal courts. Over the past decade and a half, Steve has developed a reputation as a creative, results-oriented trial attorney, and his approach to litigation is to advance his clients’ interests by being a resourceful and cost-effective problem solver.
As a general commercial litigator, Steve represents individuals and companies in matters that involve a broad spectrum of issues, including contract disputes, non-compete agreements, indemnification provisions, real estate disputes and claims under the Uniform Commercial Code. He also handles commercial cases involving claims of fraudulent inducement, breach of fiduciary duties, tortious interference, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
Over the course of his career, Steve has represented numerous companies and insurers. Some of his representative clients include Manheim Remarketing, Inc., Cox Enterprises, Inc., Sun Chemical Corp., Bridgestone/Firestone, The Martin-Brower Acquisition Company, L.L.C., Spherion Atlantic Enterprises, L.L.C, SFN Group, L.L.C., Westfield Insurance Company, Tower Hill Insurance Group, Crawford & Company, Broadspire, Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Company, Clarendon American Insurance Company, QBE Specialty Insurance Company, Safety National Casualty Corp. and Allstate Insurance Company.
Steve is a graduate of Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada (B.Comm 1995, with honors) and Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D. 1998). He was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1998, and is likewise admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, and Southern District of Florida. Steve has been also involved in appellate proceedings before the Second, Fourth and Fifth District Courts of Appeals, as well as the federal Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit.
Certified & Accredited By
- Laurentian University (B.Comm, 1995)
- Wake Forest University (J.D., 1998)
- Florida Bar in 1998
- Member of Wake Forest’s National Trial Team that successfully competed at both the regional and national level
- Recipient of the Robert Goldberg award for excellence in trial advocacy
- McClandon v. Heathrow Land Co., 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 9890 (11th Cir. 2012);
- Taylor Newman Cabinetry, Inc. v. Classic Soft Trim, Inc., 436 Fed. Appx. 888 (11th Cir. 2011);
- DTG Operations, Inc. v. Manheim Remarketing, Inc., 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 84854 (M.D. Fla. 2010)
- Torres v. Orange County, 2001 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 26164 (M.D. Fla. 2001);
- Vermut v. GMC, 773 So. 2d 126 (Fla. 4th DCA 2000)
- Member of the Florida and Orange County Bar Associations
- Member of the Orange County Bar: Business Litigation Section
- Member of the Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Member of the Defense Research Institute
- Member of the Young Lawyer’s Division of the Florida Bar